Tuesday, June 24, 2008

How old do I look???

Okay, it has taken me 5 days to calm down from this to look back and think, it could have been funny...if it had happened to someone else.

Last Thursday I went to one of the local nail salons here in town to get a pedicure. I walked in behind three other women who were in town for a wedding that weekend. So immediately I start thinking maybe I should try the other place in town or just put this off for another day. All the techs are busy and with three people in front of me it is going to take more than an hour to get to me. But no I sign in and take a seat and pull out my book and mind my own business.

Finally, they tell me they are ready for me. I take a seat in the chair and this tech is not one of the familiar ones to me but oh well. I take a seat and I can't get the massage part of the chair to work and notice that the wires are a bit loose so I figure it is no longer working since the tech didn't even try to turn it on for me.

The women who came in before me are chatting around me and when I am about 1/2 way done with my pedicure the tech pipes up and askes me if the 20 something sitting to my right getting her nails done is my daughter. So I look at her and look back at the tech and say, "No, I am not old enough to be this woman's mother, oh and by the way if you couldn't tell I am currently pregnant with my first child." This comment completely surprises all the techs in the place. The next thing you hear is the four Korean nail techs say at once, "You are pregnant?"

So I was at a loss for really what to say at this point...but if I could go back and relive the moment I would say in the style of the Soup Nazi, "No tip for you!" Oh and I think that next time I want my nails done I will try the other nail salon in town.

No comments: