Monday, August 04, 2008

The last year...

A year ago I stopped writing here and didn't know if I would ever again.

On August 4th of last year the last paragraph of the last post I wrote was:

"I love my dad and will miss him each and every day that I am alive. I will also be sure that my future children will know their "Poppy" through me and my memories of him."

When I was woken up the morning of August 5th. My dad was gone.

Today has been hard just reliving the memories of those days and I know tomorrow won't be much easier.

While I know my dad isn't here on earth with me I know that he has been watching me this past year. As I grow with my first child and his third grandchild I know that this son of mine will know through stories and photos about his Poppy Tom.

I think he also had a bit of a hand in the timing of this pregnancy. I think he knew the entire family would need something happy to look forward to during this past year and the days ahead.

On August 10th my father would have been 62. On this day my mother, sister (and family), brother and I will be on a boat at dads favorite spot on Lake Cumberland to scatter the first half of his ashes.

I will tell you about the second half of his ashes when the time comes.

Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers as we travel this weekend to do part of what my father requested.

No comments: