Friday, July 27, 2007

My hero

As I sit here at my dad's house, I feel a bit overwhelmed today. Dad is doing better this afternoon than he was yesterday when we thought he might not make it though the night. I want to spend I the time I can not necessarily with him but around him. In his house with his things. I want to be able to get up from where I sit now (on the floor) in the living room and walk to the kitchen or den and look over into my dad's bedroom and be able to just look at him.

My dad has always been my hero. And I know our time together on this earth is coming to a close. But soon my dad will be with his adopted brother and best friend Ralph, his sister Beverly and his parents.

I soon will miss my dad. I already miss who he used to be. But my hero is still laying in the hospital bed in the bedroom just off the living room a few feet away.

No comments: