Thursday, September 15, 2005

New Book

On Monday I did a little grocery shopping at Kroger and decided to look at the books to see if there was anything new I wanted to read. Well I picked up three new books. It is now Thursday and I have finished two of them and just started the third. The third is a book called Payback by Fern Michaels.

I read the prologue then started on chapter one, here is a little snippet:

"Alexis Thorn frowned as she looked around her small apartment. There was nothing about the tiny place to suggest permanency of any kind. There were no knickknacks, no green plants, no family pictures. It was a place to sleep, a place to come home to at the end of the day, nothing more. How could it be anything else when her name wasn't even Alexis Thorn? Alexis Thorn was an alias."

Now this does hit a little close to home these days...Do I really want to read a book right now with a story line that might or might not be really close to a reality I and others have recently lived through due to anothers faked identity?

You tell me...

1 comment:

Thommy said...

OOOoooo creepy. Go ahead and read the rest!